EPC’s – Red Hot Property


If you are buying or selling a home you now need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) by law.

From October 2008, all buildings newly built – whether sold or rented out – will require an EPC. The certificate provides ‘A’ to ‘G’ ratings for the building, with ‘A’ being the most energy efficient and ‘G’ being the least, with the average being ‘D’.

  • Qualified energy assessors produce the EPC and an associated report, which gives information and suggestions towards any improvements which might make a building more energy efficient.
  • The EPC is part of a series of measures being introduced across Europe to reflect legislation which will help cut buildings' carbon emissions and help tackle climate change.